Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Maybe my mouse went to Minibar

My mouse friend has taken it to a whole other level. My mouse is a dash and diner. He comes in through a hole in the baseboard, eats his cheese and leaves (apparently the wall heater is not his home).

I found the hole last night and, in a bit of investigative procedure, I spackled the hole over. After a full evening of tapas, I came home to find that my friend burrowed his way out. I'm not sure if I should be insulted. It would have been nice to see that he burrowed in. That would mean that he like coming over to my place for cheese. By digging his way out like a miniature Steve McQueen (and I know it was out because of certain forensic evidence -- the spackle was kicked out behind him, on my carpet, as he went through), I'm not sure what that says about my hospitality. Am I someone to escape from?

I've covered the hole once again. If Finnegan comes back (yes, I've now dubbed him Finnegan), then I know I mean something to him.

Okay, now this mouse fixation is disturbing even me.

A brief shout out to my parents who were forced to leave their Ft. Lauderdale home in the wake of Hurricane Wilma. Electricity and water are out for the foreseeable future and we all know how adept FEMA is now that Bush's Homeland Security has emasculated it. At least they get to stay at their favorite inn on Captiva Island.

Another mention is due to Minibar over at 3413 Cahuenga Blvd. West Los Angeles, CA 90068.


This is the place with some serious tapas. Rebekah and Ravel have established a fine kitchen with a retro 60s dining experience. The Cajun spiced steak with creamed corn, fried okra, and homemade Worcestershire would convert those non-red meat eaters (of which I am one). The Yucca Bread (with Gouda inside) is too good to be good for you. So are the desserts (guava cheesecake, anyone?). Check 'em out or visit their WEBSITE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home