Saturday, February 25, 2006

TSOTSI, ZOLA and My MASTERS review

Just a few, quick plugs for the 3 or 4 of you out there checking up on me.

My review of South Africa's Oscar nominated film TSOTSI can be found HERE. It is a wonderful film and, if there's any justice, will walk away with a bald, gold statue.

I was also honored to interview South African sensation Zola. Zola is a hip hop icon in Johannesburg and contributed songs to the aforementioned TSOTSI. He was an inspiring man to speak with and was kind enough to dub me with an African name... NHLAKNITHO ( N-H-L-A-K-N-I-T-H-O). It is the Zulu word for wisdom (and I'll let you ponder that for yourselves). "We have a saying in Africa," Zola explained to me, "... he who listens wins the argument and you have done exactly that."


You can read more of my talk with Zola HERE.

And last, but definitely not least... as some of you well know, I have been producing a series of featurettes for the MASTERS OF HORROR DVDs. The title of this series is WORKING WITH A MASTER. Well, the first review is in and guess what piece gets mentioned in the first paragraph? I guess they like my style over at "Fangoria"


Check out the first mainstream review of my work HERE

That's all for now (and believe me it's plenty). I'm too disgusted to rant about the civil war brewing in Iraq, the knuckleheaded deal to sell our ports Bush is cooking with Dubai and South Dakota's turning back the clock by totally ignoring Roe V Wade and banning abortions -- even if the pregnancy is caused by rape or incest (lovely). There is an exception if the life of the mother is threatened (wasn't that nice of those SD pilgrims?).

With two new Bush appointees to the Supreme Court, you ladies can pull out your petticoats again. You have no say in the matter, apparently.

And I said I wasn't going to rant.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nina Berry said...

Hey, congrats on the good review, Frank!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home