Thursday, April 06, 2006

Horror Channel Undenied

As I indicated in my last entry, Johnny "Josh" Butane over at The Horror Channel was very complimentary about my "WORKING WITH A MASTER: STUART GORDON" featurette. He was also kind enough to interview me about the making of these featurettes for the MASTERS OF HORROR DVD series. Just starting out in this field, I can use all the press I can get and it is much appreciated.

In the course of the interview I mentioned how I was to produce the EVIL DEAD retrospective for the 25th Anniversary edition. Indeed this is what I was working on when Bo Altherr at Anchor Bay and producer Perry Martin assigned me to the "WORKING WITH A MASTERS" series. Here's a brief news piece that Horror Channel put up to a) confirm the ED 25th Anniversary DVD and b) give readers the heads up about my upcoming review.

Little did I know that such a simple interview about the making of a "making of" featurette would cause such a stink. Anchor Bay, due to mysterious political jitters, almost put the kibosh on the whole deal. My interview... the news piece... everything. Thankfully, Bo and Mark Ward over at Anchor Bay spoke with Johnny / Josh and the interview will be allowed up in time with the second release of MoH DVDs (albeit after it is approved).

You can read the EVIL DEAD article HERE.


I'll never get the full story on why Anchor Bay was so nervous that their mother company IDT Entertainment (producers of MASTERS OF HORROR) would find out I was being interviewed about the work that I did. When someone is interested enough in your DVD to interview one of its writer / producers, I would think that's the kind of publicity you would want. As of the moment, Anchor Bay and I seem to be in agreement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home