Friday, December 22, 2006

Second Verse Same As The First?


In the spirit of the holidays, I attended an elementary school "Holiday-Sing-A-Long".

No, it's not just something I do. My niece Paige asked me personally to come and, as I am quickly finding out, I can't say no to the kid.

What made this pageant a cut above the rest was not my niece singing like an angel (she did, though... along with the 100 other kids singing back up). No, this "all denominational" fest staggered the mind by offering the lost verses to the Dreidel Song.

You know the words...

I had a little dreidel,
I made it out of clay,
And when it's dry and ready,
With dreidel I shall play.

Apparently that's not all there is to the song. The next verse sees the singer making a dreidel of snow. Then soap. Then, of all things... cheese.

I had a little dreidel,
I made it out of cheese,
And when I add some pepper,
My dreidel made me sneeze.

Or something to that effect. Who knew?

This almost rivals the discovery of an honest to God giant squid. Seriously. Check it out on CNN.


Still a dreidel made of cheese is not as shocking as the truth behind Kirk & Spock. For all the sordid details check out this mash up.


Happy Holidays! For those who didn't receive it already, I have a year end comic up for all to see. It's like those tomes friends send in Christmas cards to catch you up on all the things they were too busy to call you about.

Nowadays, I guess they have blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home